April Theses 2020
We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed
Paul the Apostle
Knowledge without morality is a
sword in the hands of a madman.
D. I. Mendeleev
(the author of the Periodic
Table of Chemical Elements)
Authors: A. V. Shcherbakov, L. A. Kolesova, V. G. Budanov, S. Yu. Malkov, A. V. Oleskin, A. A. Altunin, B. I. Kostenko, V. S. Kurdyumov, N. V. Belotelov, V. A. Ryzhov, N. Yu. Lobachev, P. V. Belousov.
One cannot consider the modern crisis as a purely financial, economic or environmental one. First of all, it is of the deep anthropological nature of the global consumer society: the inability of the modern world order to respond to the challenges of crisis imbalances in the global economy, the threats of local wars and pandemics, climatic, environmental and leisure crises, but most importantly, meaning crises which sharply exacerbate in the digital network society. Therefore, we proceed from a person, not from the economy, the latter should serve the person, and not vice versa, as is commonly considered today.
It is clear that after the epidemic and crisis, the world will be different; there are not so many scenarios for overcoming them. These lines are being written during a period of unprecedented general panic over the epidemic of the COVID-19 (which is no more dangerous than the past swine or bird flu epidemics), with the help of which the Masters of the World are trying to justify the inevitable collapse of the global financial and economic system that generates the Great Depression 2.0, which began almost a year ago with an uncompromising trade war between China and the United States, and was accurately predicted by us back in 2018. Now, the richest families of the world, the largest investment funds and TNCs solve their problems of redistributing markets and get rid of their debt liabilities not by means of wars and revolutions that destroy the real material potentials of states and peoples, but sophistically, in a new way, by means of devastating many developed countries through their economic self-destruction during a halt of life in self-isolation and quarantine, the purchase of their assets, lands and real estate for nothing at the end of the crisis, the introduction of a total surveillance system and administrative and medical dictatorship. In fact, we are talking about a kind of ‘digital concentration camp’, the separation and self-destruction of people and peoples, and the establishment of a feudal-oligarchic dictatorship; to get this expected result, it is enough to maintain the fear of being infected and the prospects of new epidemic waves of new viruses that will necessarily appear, either artificial or generated by a sick biosphere. But the plans of manipulating fear are increasingly being destroyed by the awareness of the peoples’ interests by the national elites, the consolidation of people in spite of self-isolation, the awakening of spiritual values and conditions in people in the face of a mortal threat. All these opens a window to the new emerging world, another future for the World, to which the proposed theses are devoted.
Further we are going to discuss possible images, goals and ideals of a future society, the achievement of which may take months, years, and in some cases decades, but only in this way the perspective and self-fulfilling forecast of social development is projected.
The authors are sincerely grateful to their colleagues at the Sretensky Club who participated in the discussion of these theses. We would like to express special gratitude to V. V. Letunovsky, V. B. Keshelava, D. E. Zolotarev, E. B. Garin, E. A. Antipina, R. V. Ryzhov, Yu. S. Gribanov, I. A. Zimnenko, and V. Yu. Rumyantsev for valuable comments and uncompromising defense of their opinions.
The Concept of World
Earth has entered an epoch of global changes. Having finished the industrial stage of the development, we are rapidly passing into a qualitatively new state. Technological achievements of the Industrial Age (global transport, telecommunications, highly efficient production) have made the world united, interconnected, materially abundant. But scientific and technological progress, so far only properly servicing human needs, has quietly transformed from a servant to a master and forces a person to change his consciousness, his attitude to the world around him. What is the essence of these changes?
Capitalism, which gave an impetus to material restructuring and served as the ideological banner of the Industrial Age, placed the material above spiritual, unlimited freedom above the culture of self-restraint. But, having reached the limits of development, it has become obsolete. Material expansion ran into growth limits and began to give rise to economic and environmental crises. Capitalism, as an ideological mainstream, has played its historical role and is becoming a thing of the past, but what will replace it?
The world has become closed, communicatively accessible, entangled with information networks, high-tech. This opens up unprecedented opportunities, but also poses previously unknown threats. Humanity is at a crossroads: either this connectedness and informational ‘tightness’ will be used to manipulate and subordinate people’s consciousness to the will of the ‘upper crust’ to create a ‘digital concentration camp’ or the same connectedness will become the basis for overcoming the ‘friend or foe’ separation for exaltation of the spiritual over the material, for the prevalence of cooperation over rivalry. Artificial intelligence can be used for people’s enslaving, their total controlling, depriving them of the ability to act independently as well as facilitating the solution of routine issues and freeing people for creativity and mutually enriching communication.
What will the world be like after the global crisis launched by the epidemic of the COVID-19 virus? It is already clear that the world entered this crisis as a capitalist one, but will come out of it different. What will it be like? Certainly, we can passively expect the results of the changes taking place before our eyes without the certainty that we will like these changes but we can also take an active part in shaping the future ourselves. Our task is not to wait for ‘what will happen’, but to start constructing a new world. But to make this construction work a meaningful one, there must be a clear IMAGE OF THE FUTURE, the future in which we would like to live.
Our vision of the IMAGE OF THE FUTURE and the concept of a New World can be represented as follows:
- Self-consistent planetary development of the World-organism in harmony with the Biosphere and the Man;
- The Great Anthropological Transition in the next 30 years to a new networked social formation, a global networked worldview;
- Unity of diversity as an image of the alternative to discredited financial globalism;
- The priority of endurance, dialogue and consent over panic, conflict and war in relations between people and nations; the return of the spiritual foundations of life.
The Concept of Human
We have repeatedly talked about the anthropological risks of digital civilization, which, on the one hand, creates unprecedented opportunities for working with information, new forms of communication and effective management, augmented reality and life in virtual worlds, and the expansion of our personal, physiological and social capabilities through artificial intelligence; on the other hand, digital civilization creates the risks of dehumanisation and the threat of a ‘digital concentration camp’. In all the functions, with the exception of spiritual nature and consciousness, the Man is already inferior to a machine; therefore, putting spirituality and awareness onto the banners of a new civilization is necessary. This is the only way for humanity to survive in the face of the anthropomorphizing technosphere, the possibility of a technological singularity of big AI. Just as two thousand years after Axial Time, in the era of the European Renaissance, the wisdom, rationality and culture of the Greeks was re-instilled into religious Europe, giving rise to a whole man of the Renaissance; nowadays, the spirituality of Christianity and inspired understanding will be reborn in two thousand years on the ruins of a rationalistic, individualistic and pragmatic Western civilization, creating a person who is spiritual and rational at the same time, i.e. a Sophian man. And, if with the advent of Christ, the salvation became the main goal of the old man, in our century his goal will be the conscious Transformation of himself and the world in synergy with the Sovereign plan. Knowledge of a whole person, without separation according to the forms of his cognition and understanding, where science will justify religion, and the latter will inspire scientific creativity and research strategies, which was also characteristic of the Renaissance, will be of great importance in the birth of a new Man.
It seems to us that the key values and goals of the MAN OF THE FUTURE are:
- A common goal, i.e. creation of a society of morally perfect Creators;
- Human ethical project in a network society (updated ‘golden rule’ of ethics);
- New sincerity in the interaction of the Man with other people, in relations between peoples and in the whole world. The Ethics of Action rises to the Ethics of Intention.
- We share the values traditional for many world religions, recognizing that “God created mankind in his own image”, and in creativity the Man “is a part of the Creator’s plan”; for other traditions we are talking about overcoming man’s estrangement from the Higher Principle and gaining integrity in it;
- In earthly life, the Man has three true spiritual goals: to live in harmony with his Conscience, to be Happy and become the Creator;
- Reliance of the Man on the roots and origins of domestic and world culture, assistance in their preservation and development;
- Transformation of himself and the world in synergy with the Higher plan winning the victory over the challenges of the old-world decay crisis.
Ideology and Society
According to 2000-year cycles of history, the transition should be associated with the decaying post-Caesarian state of the Roman Empire (today, Western nations) and the consistent transition of Rome to Christian ethics and values, in the centre of which is neither money nor power but the person, which corresponds to the coming Christian Renaissance. This is not about the form, but about the ideological essence of the people of the new century, although today, on the contrary, we are witnessing a massive rejection of the West, and especially its elites, from Christian ideals. The ideas of a universal brotherhood of people and sacrificial service to one’s neighbour are the roots for the first Christians, but today, during the period of crisis transformation, they are becoming demanded through social and information technologies in the face of total uncertainty and epidemic forms of self-isolation of people, communities and entire countries. After the fall of the sacred monarchical power in Europe, three basic rationalist ideologies developed; they based on the dominants of rights: human-citizen ‒ liberalism, society ‒ socialism, nation ‒ nazism; but these ideologies ceased to exist in the turbulent collisions of the 20th century. They should be replaced by a new ideology of a network society. This new ideology based on new communication technologies is born as an effective means of confronting global challenges, but it would rather synthesize the previous ideologies on the basis of the return of sacred forms of the spiritual life of renewed world religions than completely reject them. In the club’s works, we have already mentioned that for the World, this is a revival of the archetypes of community building of life and many ideas of state building of the first Church Fathers of the time of Emperor Justinian. The idea of sobornost (i.e. spiritual community of many jointly living people, collegiality) and synergy ‒ the co-creation of the Man and God ‒ can become the basis of Sophian ideology.
In brief, the guidelines of the new Sophian ideology and social structure can be formulated as follows:
- Network matrix: common sense, passionarity and patriotism are in harmony with the embracing all mankind Principle;
- National, social and personal transformation; the preservation of the Man, Homeland, peoples and nature;
- Love and creative energy must serve as the basis of everything that a person does;
- A new society in its essence is multinational, joint in accordance to sobornost;
- The predominance of public property;
- Community self-government and community veto;
- Mutual responsibility and trust of the authorities and people’s self-government.
The top-down hierarchical governance will remain only where a high decision-making speed is needed. The personal responsibility of hierarchs will increase. In the conditions of a permanent global crisis, this will last for a long period of time.
Ten Theses of the New World are the result of the above:
- Justice. The foundation of the society is justice; justice is also the basis for any decision-making. Justice evokes harmony.
- Harmony. Any person, any ethnic group, and any nationality must develop harmoniously in the society (Unity of diversity); harmony is peace and amity; amity and unity of each and every one give rise to an ethics of conscience.
- Ethics of conscience dominates in the society, including the golden rule of ethics, i.e. do unto others as you would have them do unto you; living according to one’s conscience is also the ability to forgive.
- Be able to forgive. Learning Forgiveness and accept everything that happens is one of the most important lessons for the Man and Humanity; the highest degree of Forgiveness is love.
- Learn to love. Love for the neighbour and for those who are far away, love for all things, for the Earth and the Cosmos; do good things; prohibition to do harm; love is a measure of human development and the evolution of mankind; love materializes through creativity.
- Creativity is the main imperative of every person and the society as a whole; the goal of every person is to become a creator, and the goal of humanity is to create a society of creators; the process of spiritual enhancement of a person begins through creativity.
- Moral and ethical, spiritual and cultural enhancement of the Man and humanity as a whole; morality and spirituality are moving into the sphere of economy.
- Human-oriented economy. Multilayer cooperation instead of competition; conscious economy and artificial intelligence; digital economy as a transition to an innovative economy; keeping a focus on human needs, the economy is moving towards conservation of natural environment and conservation of ethne.
- Resource-saving economy, economy of renewable resources. The basis of the economy is effectiveness instead of profit; lack of loan interest; impossibility of economic parasitism; the new economy gives rise to meritocracy.
- Power is responsibility to the world, society and ourselves. The main criterion for power is justice; where there is no justice, there is no state.
Strategy and Management
As we have already written, any strategy in managing society comes from ideology, and ideology is developed on the basis of a concept. Management is impossible without ideology. It is a mistake to believe that money rules the world; financial management is nothing more than a redistribution of resources; management is impossible without ideology, especially, if it is strategic management. We formally formulated the concept and the ideology of the new world above. Based on them, we must build a global strategy for at least the entire 21st century.
Russian civilization has an invaluable historical experience of assimilation of various cultures, as a result of which these cultures not only survived, but also received a new impetus for development. Russian civilization should become one of the foundations of a new world order, a new World-Organism, where every state, every nation and nationality will find their rightful place.
As for the system of the society management itself, here, in the context of digitalization, a competent combination of network and hierarchical structures of both management and local self-management is necessary.
Thesis principles of the formation of the strategy and management system are as follows:
- Engagement and involvement of the entire world community in understanding the concept and the ideology of the Russian world;
- The ideological framework of the strategy is the basis of management;
- The combination of network and hierarchical methods and techniques of management and self-management.
Any social structure has a goal of its existence. Knowledge of this goal is necessary both for understanding the mechanism of action of this social object and for planning the path of its development. The true goal of any state is to preserve and improve the lives of people under its jurisdiction as well as the biological and natural resources located on its territory. Power should have a ‘paternal principle, that is, have wisdom and responsibility, take care of its nationals regardless of their social status. The form of exercising such a power is network digital meritocracy. In order for it to become possible, it is necessary to exclude the possibility of monetization of power. This is possible subject to three conditions: firstly, the complete digitalization of financial turnover based on block chain technology, when all financial transactions are stored in a distributed registry system, that is, they are transparent and decriminalized; secondly, enacting the Law on the conformity of income and expenses of all citizens, including state officials and civil servants; and, thirdly, the open access of cadastral registers for all types of property (with the exception of documents related to state security). Thus, we exclude the possibility of unjust enrichment at the expense of the civil service and turn it from a variety of business into hard responsible work transparent and controlled by the digital society. To make complex decisions, both for developing control algorithms and for examining the decisions made, it is necessary to use expert (digital) communities. In the new society, there should be an optimal combination of hierarchical, network and market management methods and techniques depending on the tasks being solved.
Briefly, the theses related to the structure of the new state are as follows:
- The main goal of a state is to preserve and improve the lives of people and natural resources on the territory under control;
- The type of management is the power of the people deserving to be in power (networked digital meritocracy) and the ‘paternal principle” ‒ wisdom, responsibility, concern for the Fatherland;
- Management method is a combination of network, hierarchical and market structures; informed management through ideology and goal setting;
- Reasonable and optimal algorithmic control of expert network (digital) community management.
All nature’s benefits and fixed assets should be in public ownership. There should be neither the poor nor the super-rich in the society. It should be possible to actually live on the minimum income and not to be below the poverty line. All large business should be either state-owned or state-controlled. All natural monopolies should be state-owned. All small and medium-sized businesses should be private. Small business and self-employed should not be subject to tax; other businesses pay a single value-added tax, and it is automatically charged when transferring money. The payroll tax is also single, it is charged when transferring money to the account of a private person.
The basic principle of the new economy is the production of real goods and the provision of real services. The main principles of such an economy are as follows:
the goal of any enterprise is not profit-making but the maximum satisfaction of the society’s needs for real goods and services; an individual approach to things manufacturing, and the end of extensive manufacturing; complete waste recycling allows saving resources as much as possible, and the possibilities of ‘upgrading’ provided when designing things make them almost everlasting; public use of the means of production and joint ownership of durable goods; natural resource and energy conservation as the basis of the economy of the future; cherishing natural resources and their recovery.
These can be summarized as follows:
- Human-centered digital economy; economy for the man, not vice versa;
- Resource-saving, complete waste recycling (‘everlasting’ things);
- Network community-based socially-oriented principles (including free-of-charge donation, participation of employees in management, etc.);
- Cooperation of network expert communities.
On the one hand, there is a tight interdependence of the Man and the biosphere, and, on the other hand, there is relationship of the Man with something supreme, unknown, forming the harmony of the cosmos.
From a certain point, having started to ‘bring the surrounding world under control’, creating an appropriating economy and developing the surrounding world, using the knowledge accumulated in the flow of generations in language networks, a man mainly focused on improving his material well-being. He did not think about the limitations of the world around him and that he was only part of this world. Over the past century, the goal of achieving material well-being has degenerated into a frenzied pursuit of monetary wealth or maximization of interest on capital. Moreover, it is in the 20th century when we started to realize that the biosphere is limited, that the World is something integral. Relatively speaking, the world is similar to the Organism. Awareness of this led to the rapid public interest in environmental issues.
Discussions on the exhaustion of the anthropocentric view on the goals of the civilization development started about thirty years ago. The epoch of a single whole WORLD-ORGANISM, i.e. a Man, Nature and Culture is coming.
We realize that the man has become a geological force, and in the 21st century we are already talking about the Anthropocene epoch, understanding that human activity is an essential force even in relation to climate, not to mention the Biosphere. At the same time, in the modern technogenic and consumer civilization, the man is perceived as an external factor for life on Earth although he is not just a part of the Biosphere and the environment but also a symbiont with the kingdoms of viruses and bacteria, which dramatically mutate under the influence of environmental pollution, climate changes, destruction of ecosystems, editing the genome of plants and animals. New virus pandemics, breaking into interspecific barriers, will be permanent, and no vaccination will just be in time for them. The only hope is for the natural human immunity which was replaced and weakened by allopathic drugs, antibiotics, synthetic vitamins and vaccines long ago. The main natural human immunity is related to the non-pathological biota of our intestines which radically depends on the mental conditions of a person.
Today, the coronavirus infection pandemic is accompanied by large-scale ‘psychodemic’ of fear and phobias, massive existential distress from the failed plans and the uncertainty of the future with syndrome of hostility to ‘lepers’. Therefore, we are faced with the task of directing our efforts towards creating a healthy environment both spiritually and mentally, which is free from mass psychosis; it is necessary to sublimate the fear of the psyche into its mobilization for high goals. This is exactly what any spiritual practice does, when a state of hopelessness and fear is pacified by a fervent prayer to the Higher Principle for our neighbours and real help to them. Social psychosis can be suppressed by an intense appeal to religious and spiritual practices, to the people’s hearty and sincere mutual assistance, which harmonize both health and immunity during epidemics. Apparently, this is one of the motivators for the existence of the spiritual culture of mankind during many thousands of years. This is a key to the ecology of the man and the society, not only in moral thoughts and actions, but, which is no less important, in the high spiritual states of a person, increasing his body defenses against microbiota.
Our theses in this area are as follows:
- Recovery of the destroyed ecosystems in order to restore harmony between the man and nature and to prevent pathogenicity of the biosphere;
- Development of community settlements taking into account biosphere limits;
- Development of green energy, closed-cycle industries; incorporation of solid waste recycling into production chains;
- Extraction of a strictly limited amount of resources in accordance with the real needs of the economy;
- Promotion of spirit-lifting practices that sustain the high spiritual conditions of a person, protect his natural adaptability and immunity in the network environment.
Culture is literally a cult of light, the light of the fullness of life in the spirit. For thousands of years, it has sanctified the life of the man, his everyday practices and crafts through the sacralization of all the actions of archaic humans, the rites of traditional societies, the warmth of human hearts and the love of needlework, giving birth to beauty and harmony even in everyday life.
The light of culture has always had a spiritual origin and permeated the whole life and traditions of any peoples. A cultured person is always a creator; he recognizes and creates beauty and harmony in the world, in other people, and in himself. It is important that a beautiful form must also have a beautiful content, giving rise to a spiritually beautiful state of a person.
Nowadays, culture has ceased to be the basis of life, it was moved to museums and theaters, books and films, shows and battles. It left our homes and settled in the temples of culture, which we sometimes attend and at cultural events at which we remember it. Although by inertia, we are still talking about religious, scientific, and secular culture. The culture of the future society will return to our everyday life; it will become the norm of life of creators, otherwise they simply will not be able to create; and it is necessary to instill culture from infancy. So, in our viewpoint, the main tasks in the field of culture are as follows:
- The revival of the spiritual foundations of a holistic, enlightened person through cultural and religious education;
- Information ecology and culture as an integral part of human everyday life; respect for history; harmonious balance of patriotism and universal principle;
- The revival of native culture; mass involvement of youth in this activity;
- The revival of mass children's cultural and educational projects (cinema, literature, theater, Internet projects, international projects);
- Special projects concerning spiritual issues, the meaning of life, and self-improvement in the network and mass media.
Healthcare ‒ Human Ecology
The global situation in the sphere of healthcare is in a terrible state. In addition to the threats of technogenic and anthropogenic origin, at the beginning of 2020, the world encountered the coronavirus pandemic which overnight turned all countries into one large quarantine hut. Against this background, all the miscalculations of the world health care system are becoming more and more apparent. Thirty years ago, scientists warned that the pathogenicity of the biosphere in relation to humans was growing. Today, the existing epidemiological forecasts do not bode well for the world: technogenic Anthropocene can bring many more epidemics and pandemics with thousands of new rapidly mutating infections against which science will not be able to produce a vaccine or medications immediately.
Health care system is obliged to guarantee people worthy protection of their health and in this situation, it is very important to recreate the state health care system. In addition, it is necessary to take steps to prevent outbreaks of diseases and strengthen immunity, including psychosomatic, spiritual and moral immunity because at all times, fear, panic, and the escalation of despondency and pessimism can be considered as a pathological environment for the spread of pandemics and epidemics. The treatment for these conditions has several aspects. It is directly related to human ecology: the external environment of human habitat and human internal environment ‒ microbiota. For everyone, this problem rests on a system of healthy lifestyles, healthy food, including clean water and clean air, healthy and meaningful thinking, creative activities as well as the practice of normal stress, where the most important is not just a kind of physical stress in itself but development of a comprehensive program of self-improvement (personal and family), relying on the principles of naturopathy (nature-like techniques of treatment and prevention). This program also includes spiritual practices, primarily domestic ones, native in language and culture. Further, this includes a system of autopoiesis (self-alignment, self-recognition), learning to recognize personal deep motivation (incentive intentions), overcome the crisis factors of personal life and develop self-mobilization, personal targeted stress strategy and normal endurance. Systems of humanitarian and moral education, systems of educating oneself and giving love to our neighbours as to oneself; responsibility, mutual assistance and mercy, moral purity and sincere openness, honesty and sincerity are also of importance. That is, it is necessary to develop those qualities that have always been traditional and determining for centuries in Russian culture. Here, our key points are as follows:
- Health care services must be free;
- Dominance of the public health care institutions;
- Popularization of common sense and health ‒ physical, mental, moral, and spiritual;
- Widespread network of decentralized partnerships and communities promoting healthy lifestyle;
- Creation of a system of transport emergency medical care, remote diagnostics and consultation.
Vospitanie and Education
The role of education (vospitanie (means not just instruction but moral upbringing whereby society’s values and goals as well as its knowledge is instilled in the child) and training) in any society is reduced, first of all, to the formation of norms, values, and skills of the public and personal life of the future citizen as well as to the acquisition of knowledge and skills necessary for adult life in the society and further career development of a person. Moreover, in modern education, scarcely are creative abilities of a child developed. Today, the main objective of vospitanie and education is almost exclusively reduced to the replication of another member of the consumer society who is unable to think independently. Actually, school has almost withdrawn itself from the process of vospitanie of a child, and in higher education, it is not presupposed at all. Currently, the process of vospitanie of a person is carried out by a family, social networks and the street for which it is often essential to undergo this process. This is explained by the total deideologization of the learning process, which has constitutional status. Therefore, according to the liberal doctrine, the proposal of any value system to a child is considered as ideological violence. It is urgent to return to the ideals and methods of the classical education system, humane pedagogy, in which the process of vospitanie begins since a child is knee-high to a niblick and is carried out collectively by all the institutes of the society, not just by the family and school.
Two issues are drastically important here. The first one is the formation of images-ideals and values based on the examples of deeds and sacrificial service, which is practically impossible in our today’s education. The second one is the cultivation of love for one’s neighbour through personal examples of actions and behaviour of an educator, a teacher or a tutor; these skills are not formed among modern teachers.
It should be noted that digitalization at school does not solve these problems; moreover, in the pre-teenage period, computer games, communication through social networks and communicators should be minimized due to the risks of developing game addictions, dominants of clip thinking and blocking the adoption of moral standards and empathic understanding of peers and adults. In fact, there are risks of atrophying person’s moral and emotional abilities. Education of the future should be aimed at the formation of a whole spiritual creative person who accepts a hierarchy of cultural values from his family and small homeland, to the fatherland, humanity and all living things.
The summary of the above said is as follows:
- The goal of education is to educate a moral and creative personality;
- Harmonious combination of humanitarian and science education based on studying human society history;
- Lifelong learning;
- Love for the native origins and culture, and at the same time for humanity as a whole and for the Earth;
- Traditional values: family, Homeland, respect for elderly people in a harmonious balance with the ideology of improving the world and creating an effective network society;
- Secondary and secondary vocational education should be free.
Despite great achievements, science as a social institution is subject to all the ‘diseases’ of modern society. First of all, this is the loss of its ideal, i.e. the production of new true open knowledge for the benefit of the man, since applied science is increasingly commercialized and works for the benefit of the corporate interests of large business and the military and not in the interests of humanity, living in harmony with nature. Thus, it is necessary to restore the ethos of science based on a broad interdisciplinary and ethical foundation. Secondly, in the modern society of consumption and degradation of holistic education, a rational worldview is in decline and allows the illiterate population to be manipulated for the purposes that do not always coincide with the interests of people, which can be avoided by renewal of higher education and popularization of science. Thirdly, a new digital age of robotization and artificial intelligence creates previously unknown socio-humanitarian challenges to comprehensive employment, leisure activities, atrophy of the psycho-mental sphere and, most importantly, existential meanings of human life. This problem is of a worldview type and can only be solved in the dialogue between natural sciences, human sciences and spiritual practices of traditional culture. The focus of scientific interest should shift from the study and transformation of inanimate nature to the study and transformation of the man and society. Fourth, doing science is one of the most powerful ways to express personal creatively. ‘Inoculation’ of interest in science, in scientific creativity is the most important task of the education system, of society as a whole on the path to the formation of the man of the future, the man-creator. Therefore, we propose the following measures in the development of modern science:
- Free higher education;
- Development and support of scientific schools, especially in the field of fundamental science;
- Development of space research megaprojects and researches of interdisciplinary problems of a holistic cosmo-geo-biosphere of human habitation;
- Philosophical renaissance is the basis of the scientific worldview in all branches of science; scientist-polymath is an interdisciplinary ideal of a scientist;
- Creation of network structures for science management with the widespread use of such forms of research and design activity as science parks, creative teams and cooperative associations, expert networks, etc.;
- Creative dialogue of science and extra-scientific forms of the world cognition;
- Development of nature-like, environment-friendly technologies and a system of social ethical examination of scientific and technical projects;
- The development of digitalization in the field of research not only in the natural sciences, but also in the social sciences and culture aimed at understanding the laws of human and social development.
Back in 1848, K. Marx and F. Engels wrote “Manifesto of the Communist Party”. One can treat these people and their work in different ways but one thing is certain ‒ they managed to project the future. Mid-19th century: there was serfdom in Russia; slavery flourished in half of the US states; monarchs ruled in most countries. Against this background, two dreamers wrote about a society of social justice. Several decades passed and the Country of Soviets appeared on the world map; it was the first attempt to create such a society. What does this tell us? An idea (ideology) can come into dreamers’ minds during the periods of historical turning points and then, having had a strong hold on the minds of the masses, it is turned into reality. Today, we are on the verge of such a historic turning point, which is called the Great Anthropological Transition and it is right now when the idea of a new world (new ideology) should be born. In our opinion, the basis of this ideology will comprise a network (Sophian) society, meritocracy in governance and network social justice (network socialism).
Above, we briefly but diversely discussed possible images, goals and ideals of the future society, the achievement of which may take months, years, and in some cases, decades. These theses should form the scope of a broad discussion on a new world order. We invite to a dialogue in the world to develop, first of all, the concept of a new World-Organism that can absorb all human civilizations, nations and nationalities, carefully preserving the diversity of world cultures (Unity of diversity).
Thesis features of the upcoming World Order are as follows:
- Great Anthropological Transition;
- Network (Sophian) society;
- Network socialism.
Conclusion 2. Discussion panel
We presented our concept above; but today, in the society, there is an extensive discussion concerning the future where the concept of the Planetarism, treating the whole world as a single interconnected technogenic space, where it is necessary to provide peace for all, is put forward in the general flow of opinions.
In this concept, a special place is given to new economic relations, and management systems with mega-artificial intelligence. As the concept of Planetarism shows, a noticeable exhaustion of the struggle of capitalism and socialism, both in the Soviet and Chinese versions, will be the main thing in the future world. The proponents of Planetarism argue that capitalism has ensured the well-being of the middle class, which is now threatened by consumer expansion, which has bumped into growth limits, forcing capitalism to change, moving from a financial strategy to a strategy of self-restraint, state planning, and free social protection. At the same time, the supporters of Planetarism believe that socialism is also the past.
In their opinion, in the situation of this worldview stalemate, the old hierarchical national populism began to appear; it calls for the separation of peoples in ‘comfortable national apartments’, driving them into a ‘digital concentration camp’ through chipping and other techniques of total control. According to the supporters of Planetarism, this circumstance is a single planetary civilization challenge to live in peace and happiness in harmony with nature and the universe.
The proponents of Planetarism want to guarantee a successful outcome of the Great Anthropological Transition and, therefore, after the end of the pandemic, they propose moving to the happiness of a new social network formation. To do this, they propose to prioritize the goals of all mankind over regional and state, group and personal interests. Further, they propose to close the ranks against all aggressive actions aimed at the degradation of personality and the disunity of the society to bring universal social and safe prosperity for all people on Earth, regardless of race, nationality, faith, gender, age and social origin.
The discussion continues. What is your viewpoint?